Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Dollar Tree Number Bingo

Welcome to my blog post!



-->
Dollar Tree Number Bingo

Materials included in the game
Love this easy number Bingo from The Dollar Tree! For only
$1.00 I have a whole class game to use when I need to reinforce numbers to 100, place value for 2 digit numbers and have also used as addition facts.

I dont always use the little-colored disc circles to cover the number. It seems easier for me to use dried beans or something similar, as I never seem to have enough of those colored discs that come


with the game.

The easiest way, of course, is to use as just identification of numbers to 100. Call out the letter and number and they cover that number.

Use as a place value game board
When I use it as place value game I say it as how many 10’s and how many 1’s. I definitely repeat these words but do not say it as the number. The example with the board shown would be- “under B - 0 tens and 8 ones, under I – 2 tens and 9 ones, under N – 4 tens and 5 ones, under G – 4 tens and 8 ones, under O – 6 tens and 8 ones”.

In the place value game, when someone calls a BINGO, they verify by saying the number not the place value wording.

Use the same game for the rule can be –‘Cover 1 more than the number called out-Cover 1 less than the number called out-Cover the number 2 more than the number I call out and Cover the number 2 less than the number I call out’.

What is 10 more? 10 less?
Play the cards as an addition fact game was harder initially for me, as I had to have the facts already made for each number. So I started easily with only adding 10 more than the number I called out. If the actual number to be covered was G 56, I would say ’under G - 10 more than 46’ or under B - 10 more than 4'. To validate their winning card, have them say the number back to you. *One tricky thing I learned -if the number under B is less than 10, I just say that plain number. The children helped me with that rule!

It is also fun to play a Less 10 game when your students are ready. There are so many variations for 1st and even 2nd grade so you are able to get plenty of use from this one simple game.

Children love Bingo and I have been able to use same cards and numbers through an entire year simply by changing the rule. It is perfect for rainy day, schedule change and you have 10 or 15 minutes and don’t want to start a new project.

When I first introduce the game I usually have partners work together so each student can help the other partner. As we play that partner game version again, perhaps your students may want to decide if they wish to play alone or with a partner.

You may also wish to introduce the game to your students in small groups and then play later as a whole group. So many wonderful choices available to you.

-->
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *